All 6 art Reviews

Doom City (with painting video) Doom City (with painting video)

great illustration - lots of depth and drama. Love the colors - almost like a gradient from orange bottom to blue top. It's never easy with these futuristic buildings - but I would say that the perspective on your left building (left side) - does not indicate it is parallel to the middle buildings left. I really like to the two point perspective
A suggestion could be to throw in a flying dragon, space ship or what ever - but again - the pictures is good as is.
- great work, thanks for this,

Borington responds:

Thank you for the detailed review.
The perspective is off, because it is based on a quick 30 minute speedpaint. I should have corrected the perspective, when I decided to finish it.
Anyways, I'm glad you like it!

P.S.: I was thinking of adding a character to the bottom, but scrapped the idea, as it was 5AM already

Catfight! Catfight!

I notice the image is from 2008 by Jaza or something ?
Still, I like the style - and while I believe women in general are much more advanced than men in settling their issues it is a good composition - beautiful bodies interacting - my stars are partially impacted by the uncertainty of the origin of the image ..

BarbarianBabes responds:

it was a commission for BarbarianBabes.com, we have commissioned quite a few images over the years. Our site has been around since 2004!

Elk's Deathwing Elk's Deathwing

Great classic RPG picture. Like the way you have made scaly cliffs - almost as they become a part of this fire breathing mountain dragon. Really cool. Although it is really good as is - I think it could have benefitted from either a hero or black knight - dragon rider also being a part of the picture - maybe demonstrating the dragons sheer size. But it is a minor thing. Great work.

NEWRES NEWRES

Never played the game - but like the image. Lots of cool details.

Illustration Friday 14 - Spin Illustration Friday 14 - Spin

Great idea.

henlp responds:

If ye say so. Gracias.

Pale Moonlight Pale Moonlight

Great composition and idea. Simple and well executed.